We know at Sigma Eight Inc. (“SEI”) that our users take their privacy seriously. In the following document we will outline the information that we collect and how we use it. If you have any concerns, comments, or quesitons, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information that we collect
SEI collects information to provide a better user experience and improve our resources. Such information is never sent to a third party, and is collected over a secure connection. This information is specifically used to focus the creation of new content in the areas that will have the most impact.
We collect the following information:
- Volunteered Information. This general constitutes the information that you provide when placing an order, or information used to generate a user account. This can include your credit card, address, name, email among other fields.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We utilize Google Analytics, which means that information such as the general location you are visiting the website from, as well as which webpages you are visiting is stored. Personal information such as your name or address are not obtained via Google Analytics.
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website. This data can identify the IP that you are visiting our site from, and any public information about that IP.
How we use this information
We use this information to better improve our website and where to create content. For example, we can use this information to see where broken links are being encountered, and fix them. Other improvements such as what products to develop next are also aided from the use of Google Analytics. Information that you provide us is never sold or shared with a third party, and is always kept private. We may use this information to contact you about future products and/or updates to current products we provide. However, you can contact us and request to have all communication severed. We abide by the CAN-SPAM Act. The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
Accessing and updating your personal information
In the event that you need to update personal information, you may simply send us an email with the new criteria. In order for this information to be accepted, you must also verify yourself through a phone call, or using a previously verified email address.
We will reject any requests to give out information through email, without first verifying yourself. Our aim is to provide a secure and reliable relationship between us and our customers, protecting them from accidental or malicious access to information.
Information we share
We will not share personal information with anyone not employed by SEI unless one of the following situations occurs:
- With your consent – If you request that we send personal information to companies, organizations, or individuals outside of SEI, we will do so.
- For legal reasons – We will share personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of SEI if we are required to by law.
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
At SEI we strive to have a secure administrative network which will deflect any unauthorized attempt to access personal information. Examples include:
- We encrypt our website communication using SSL certificates
- The information collected is reviewed, as well as storage and processing methods, which include physical as well as digital protection.
- We restrict access to personal information to SEI employees who do not require to know it as part of their job.
- Malware scans are done on a daily basis to detect any intrusion.
- Website security plugins are utilized.